To see more results and filtering options, press ENTER
Why study this programme?
The odontological care programme implemented by KVK pays special attention to the development of abilities to strengthen patients’ oral health. Students are introduced to effective counseling methodologies such as motivational interviews. Students actively participate in the annual oral disease prevention events organized by the Department of Oral Care, where they have the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge in practice. KVK students in the odontological care programme are able to advise patients not only on individual oral hygiene issues, but also to provide research-based health promotion advice.
Odontological care study programme is emphasized on the patients’ oral health promotion.
Students are encouraged to participate in the volunteer activities, involving people having social and economic difficulties.
Goal of the program
To train independently decisions making specialists, which will work in a team with dentists and dental hygienists and give professional oral health services, including assisting for different specialization dentists, dental hygienists, service giving, according patients’ needs, standardized evaluation of clinical or prevention service’s needs, systemic individual and community’s oral health promotion.
Study subjects (127 credits): Health Philosophy / Health Sociology, Academic and Professional Literacy, Communication Psychology and Conflict Management, Professional Ethics and Bioethics, Oral Anatomy, Microbiology and Histology, Dental Assistant’s Working Environment and Ergonomics, Introduction to Dentistry, General Anatomy and Physiology, Dental Materials and Pharmacology, Internal Diseases and Oral Pathology, Individual Dental Hygiene, Children’s Oral and Dental Diseases, Infection Control in Dentistry, General Biochemistry and Immunology, Cariesology and Endodontology, Adults’ Oral and Dental Diseases, Pain Control, First Aid and Injections, Oral Health Research Methods, Epidemiology of Oral Diseases, Public Health, Oral Health Promotion Course Paper, Diseases of Oral Mucosa and Periodontology, Team Work and Modern Assisting for Dentist, Work Organization and Quality Management in Dental Institution, Dental Radiology, Outpatient Oral Surgery, Health Promoting Behavior Development in the Patient, Working with the Patients Having Special Needs and Portative Dental Health Care, Orthopedic Dentistry and Orthodontics.
1. Create confidentiality based non-conflict relationships with colleagues, patients and business partners, effectively work in a team with different specialization dentists, oral hygienists and public health specialists.
2. Demonstrate understanding of safety at work principles and hygiene requirements and ensure safety of the patients ‘ethical and law interests.
3. Evaluate specific patients ‘needs, related with oral health.
4. Prepare working place for dentist.
5. Assist for dentist during different dental procedures.
6. Evaluate by standardized methodology community‘s oral health and effectiveness of interventions.
7. Systemically promote oral and general health in the community.
Chemistry or Mathematics
Lithuanian language and literature
Weighting factor for any subject that does not overlap with the first and second