To see more results and filtering options, press ENTER
Why study this programme?
The Tourism Business programme implemented by KVK is distinguished by the areas defined for the conceptual activities of the tourism sector – Hotel Administration, Leisure Organization, Guide Services. This study programme employs teachers with experience in tourism business, international projects, programs, expert and consulting activities, innovative study methods applied in the study process and the main reservation and activity management programmes used in business (Amadeus, GIS, Portje, Fidelio-Opera, AutoRoute), high opportunities for study and internships abroad (Portugal, Turkey, Cyprus, Italy, Bulgaria, Latvia, Romania, Hungary, etc.), as well as a strong focus on the development of practical skills.
Relevant subjects of study meeting the demand for skillful specialist training, interactive methods of study, development of entrepreneurial skills, work with tourism services management programmes and practical training in tourism companies.
Goal of the program
To prepare modern tourism industry professionals for work in the sectors of accommodation, travel and leisure organisation, and information provision, who are able to rationally use tourism and recreational resources; analyse and evaluate tourism processes and tools for business cognition under the rapidly changing market conditions; carry out research in this field; follow the legal acts and develop an innovative, insightful and socially responsible tourism business.
Study subjects (118 credits): Philosophy/Sociology, Business Foreign Language 1 (English, German), Tourism Information Systems and Media, Professional Communication, Basics of Tourism and Leisure, Lithuanian Tourism Resources, Psychology, Basics of Economics, Business Mathematics and Statistics, Methodology of Applied Research, History of Lithuanian Culture, Business Foreign Language 2 (English, German, Russian), Basics of Management, Travelling and International Tourism Geography, Cultural Heritage and Creative Tourism, Business Law and Ethics, Tourism Marketing and Market Research, Geographic information systems, Travel Agent Activity, Organizing of Trips, Accommodation Services Management, Hospitality Business and Logistics, Accounting and Finance, Leisure and Events Organization, Organizing of Catering Services, Methodology of Preparation and Conducting of Tours, Organizing of Tourism Business.
1. Knows the meaning of recreation and leisure, historical development, tourism structure, the basic philosophical theories and concepts of tourism and leisure organizing business.
2. Understands the variety of the forms of tourism services business organization, the essence of hospitality, economic categories and developments.
3. Identifies the sources of tangible and intangible resources and preconditions for their effective usage, and knows their accountancy and management methods.
4. Knows the principles of tourism marketing and analyses the opportunities for communication and logistics in the tourism industry.
5. Analyses and evaluates managerial transformation processes in tourism organizations and the business environment.
6. Analyses and evaluates the national and global tourism resources and their geographical, cultural and economic characteristics.
7. Applies tourism activity and tourism resources research methods, enhancing understanding of the environment of a tourism enterprise and its processes.
8. Prepares a tourism business project, a trip, a tour, or a recreational programme and organizes their implementation and control.
9. Uses the possibilities provided by information technologies, systems and databases; uses holiday and leisure planning and accommodation management software.
10. Observes the legal regulation of the tourism business, and applies the methods of leisure and entertainment organization, tour preparation and hotel administration.
11. Develops logical thinking, foreign language proficiency and administrative skills and follows the rules of document management and the standard of language.
12. Organizes ethical, honest and innovative activity of a tourism enterprise.
13. Performs team and group work tasks applying the principles of creativity and cooperation.
Mathematics or Information technologies, or Geography, or Foreign language
Lithuanian language and literature
Weighting factor for any subject that does not overlap with the first and second