Cost of Living in Lithuanian can be followed in here https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Lithuania
- List of restaurants, cafeterias and other places to eat can be found HERE.
- Rent of an average one-roomed flat costs about 200 €, two-roomed flat costs about 350 € (it depends on city location)
- Look for flat, room at https://www.priejuros.lt/en/, www.aruodas.lt, www.butu-nuoma.com, www.bustonuoma.lt or https://lighthouse.lt/en/coliving-space/
- More about Klaipėda city public transport system (including routes, timetables) you can find at – http://www.stops.lt/klaipeda/#bus/en or use application TRAFI.
- Public transport ticket types and prices – http://klaipedatransport.lt/en/ticket-price-list-43 (single bus ticket – 1 €, for a student – 0,50 €; student monthly e-ticket – 5,60 €).
- Klaipėda city transport system
- Students with ISIC has 50% discount for all public intercity transport.
There are plenty of taxi companies in Klaipeda but the easiest way to get around is to use these taxi apps:
- eTAKSI — get taxi in Lithuania: Google Play Store, Apple App Store
- BOLT — Google Play Store, Apple App Store
- “City Bee” – Various places within city, Tel +370 700 44844, www.citybee.lt
- DURATAI.com – Naujoji Uosto g. 3 (near Pilies Bridge), Tel. +370 689 16441, www.duratai.com
- “DROPBYKE” – Various places in city center, Tel. +370 620 96160; http://dropbyke.com
Ferries from Klaipėda to Smiltynė and Curonian Spit are going from two different ferry ports: The Old Ferry port – passenger ferry and people with bikes, and The New Ferry port – car transport ferry.
It takes less than 10 min to get to Curonian Spit by the local ferry. Return ticket costs 1,20 €. Check the details for ferry routes and timetable on https://www.keltas.lt/en/