To see more results and filtering options, press ENTER
Why study this programme?
Modern health care cannot be imagined without the important and significant contribution of nurses. In the training of general practice nurses, we aim for graduates to become highly professional nursing professionals who, while working, put the latest nursing science knowledge and technologies into practice and raise the professional level of nursing. The professional activity of a nurse is a complex interdisciplinary process involving theory and practice, i. y. the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired by the nurse are the means that are applied in the context of the professional activity of the nurse in acquiring a quality professional choice. Well-paid, attractive, popular – these are the arguments followed by most students choosing the profession of general practice nurse.
General Practice Nursing programme is characterized by the integration of theoretical and practical studies. During practical studies, real situations are simulated, which imitate patients and their care in a hospital environment, i.e. real medical environment. The simulation of care procedures enables to create various clinical situations in a student safe environment without any harm to the patient. Artificial patients and body parts, such as mannequins are used. Practical studies are carried out in small groups with a possibility to acquire practical skills not only in clinical simulation laboratories but also in real working environments: hospitals of various profiles, healthcare centres, communities and patient home environment. 50 % of studies is devoted to practical training. Students have a possibility to finish part of the studies abroad. Study programme is distinct for internationality and close cooperation relations with foreign partners.
Goal of the program
Train a specialist who would be able to work individually and in a team; have excellent practical skills for providing nursing service in healthcare institutions of first, second and tertiary levels, which carry out healthcare for people of various age groups, handicapped, families and community.
Study Subjects (108 credits): Academic and Professional Literacy, Information Systems in Medicine, Health Philosophy/Health Sociology, Professional Ethics, Anatomy and Physiology, Environmental Health, General Nursing, Professional Foreign Language (English, German), Health Psychology Pathology, Clinical Physics, Chemistry and Genetics, Dietetics, Child Health Care, Health Education, Pharmacology, Gerontology and Geriatric Nursing, Medical Nursing, Child Nursing, Obstetric Nursing, Applied Research and Statistic, Nursing Management, Nursing, Community Nursing, Surgical Nursing, , Mental Health Nursing, Emergency and Intensive Care, Nursing in Applied Research Design /Coursework, Diseases Nursing/Skin and Venereal Palliative Care/Oncological Care, Infections Diseases Nursing/Skin and Venereal Diseases Nursing, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
1. Integrates nursing knowledge, social and other sciences for personal, family and community nursing, based on scientific research and practice.
2. Manages healthcare resources and professional knowledge while ensuring quality, personal oriented nursing.
3. Provides first aid and emergency medical care using nursing and medical technology in case of acute illness, crisis and trauma cases.
4. Provides assistance to individuals who are in need of care and to their care-givers in accordance with science-based methods and technologies.
5. Applies management and leadership skills to determine nursing needs independently, while planning, executing and assessing nursing
6. Fully communicates and effectively cooperates with colleagues and other health care professionals in order to strengthen and maintain health of individuals, families and communities.
7. Uses critical thinking and holistic approach to teach individuals, families and groups about preservation of their health as well as disease and trauma prevention.
8. Justifies the value of personal and professional life-long development by developing nursing practice.
Chemistry or Mathematics
Lithuanian language and literature
Weighting factor for any subject that does not overlap with the first and second