To see more results and filtering options, press ENTER
Why study this programme?
Looking for a rewarding job in healthcare? Does helping people and changing their lives for the better bring you joy? If yes then physiotherapy might be the answer for you!
Physiotherapy is one of the main means of rehabilitation. This method of therapy is based on the fact that proper body movement helps to renew, improve and maintain the functional condition of bones and muscles, cardiovascular and other systems. This profession has gained huge popularity over the past years, offering plenty of career opportunities.
KVK is one of the few higher education institution in Lithuania which offers to study Physiotherapy in English. The study program is unique, focused on the development of practical skills and the ability to organize and conduct private activities. Every study subjects have practical trainings and around 1500 hours of practices are conducted during 3 years of studies. Once you obtain a physiotherapy degree, you can work in sports medicine, occupational health, musculoskeletal physiotherapy, or pediatrics.
The study programme is unique, focused on the development of practical skills and the ability to organize and conduct private activities. The seaside region has a lot of medical and wellness facilities where the students practice and after study get the work.
Goal of the program
To train highly qualified physiotherapy specialists who are able to provide personal health care services to clients of different age independently or in a team of rehabilitation specialists, including functional and physical examination, treatment by movement and physical factors, prevention and promotion of healthy lifestyle.
Study subjects (108 Credits): Professional foreign language, Health psychology, Occupational ethics and bioethics, Physical therapy services administration, First aid and pharmacology, Applied research methodology and statistics, Anatomy and physiology, Movement science, Pathological anatomy, Basics of rehabilitation, Massage, Physiotherapy, General physiotherapy and Functional Diagnostics, Health Education Education, Ergonomics and Preventive Physiotherapy, Physiotherapy Methods, Physical Therapy for the Elderly, Internal Medicine and Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy for Pregnant and Gynecologic Patients, Physical Therapy for Surgical, Traumatologic and Orthopedic Patients, Pediatric and Physiotherapy, Nervous Diseases and Physical Therapy.
1. Performs a person’s physiotherapy examination, collects and critically evaluates patient-related information.
2. Prepares a physiotherapy program based on a physiotherapy diagnosis.
3. Performs physiotherapy procedures and exercises based on ethical, deontological and legal context.
4. Evaluates the effects of physiotherapy procedures, makes changes and terminates procedures if the patient’s condition so requires.
5. Collaborates with personal health care professionals and other individuals involved in the treatment process while solving health problems.
6. Carries out research in professional activities based on evidence-based science and practice-based physiotherapy.
7. Able to apply leadership and management skills in planning and providing quality physiotherapy services.
Chemistry or Mathematics
Lithuanian language and literature
Weighting factor for any subject that does not overlap with the first and second