To see more results and filtering options, press ENTER
Pedagogy of Primary Education
Why study this programme?
Specialists in this field are especially needed in today’s job market. The duration of the study programme and five internships enable the student to acquire the latest knowledge and skills in this specialty.
The study programme is characterized by the interaction of theoretical and practical subjects. The programme focuses on the preparation of primary education teachers for work with younger school age children. Lectures are given by foreign scientists, primary school directors, deputy directors and teachers form Lithuanian education institutions. Practices are carried out in the whole region of Western as well abroad under Erasmus+ programme.
Goal of the program
To train primary teachers who have a higher education college degree, are ambitious and creative, and able to experiment and use scientific knowledge and contemporary educational technologies in designing and contextualizing educational activities of young learners, communicate and collaborate with all actors in the educational process in interdisciplinary and intercultural environments.
Subjects study (117 credits): Professional Foreign Language (English, German), Pedagogy of Pre-Primary Education, General Psychology and Creativity Development, Innovative Education in Primary School, Family Pedagogy, Lithuanian Language and Literature Education, Development of Educational Environments, Form Teacher Activity, Pedagogical Thought and Philosophical Foundations of Education, Ethics Education, Inclusive Education, Developmental and Special Needs Psychology, Child‘s Health and Gender Education, Development of Teacher Emotional Intelligence, Educational Psychology, Mathematics Education, Information Literacy Education, Science Education, Early Entrepreneurship Education, Methodology of Applied Research, Art and Technology Education, Music Education, Physical Education and Dance, Final Thesis of Studies of Education Subjects, Education Management and Children‘s Rights.
1. Knows and applies educational theories (pedagogical, psychological, philosophical, intercultural aspects), which analyze educational activity.
2. Knows planning and management of education, and (self) assessment strategies, methods and technologies.
3. Explains educational policy and its implementation at the organizational, regional and national level.
4. Plans the context of inclusive education.
5. Carries out research using analysis and selection of the research data, visualizing and presenting the results.
6. Applies computer literacy when using information technologies in the process of teaching and learning.
7. Creates safe, tolerant, open to change and interactive learning environments which facilitate the learners‘ emotional, social, mental and creative development.
8. Applies educational content, methods and resources taking into consideration the diversity of learners and their educational needs, independence and self-directed learning abilities.
9. Assesses the learners‘ development taking into account individual differences.
10. Establishes communication and collaboration with the learner‘s family and other actors of the educational process in interdisciplinary and intercultural environments, following professional ethics.
11. Communicates in the Lithuanian language (oral and written) in an accurate manner, and in a foreign language at C1 proficiency level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) for academic and professional purposes.
12. Reflects and establishes the directions for professional activity and personal career, and assumes responsibility for the outcomes of one‘s activity.
Lithuanian language and literature
Mathematics or Information Technologies
Weighting factor for any subject that does not overlap with the first and second