Electrical and Automation Engineering is a higher education study programme for those interested in electrical, electronics, automation, and renewable energy technologies. While studying electrical engineering, students get acquainted with how to design automatic control systems, electrical networks, analyze the principles of their operation, applying knowledge of physics, mathematics, technology and other subjects. This programme is unique in its content – it acquires knowledge in the fields of electricity, automatic control, robotics, mechatronics. The demand for specialists with university of applied sciences education in the labor market remains constant, therefore a significant number of students find their future jobs already during their internship. After graduating in electrical engineering, you will be able to work in power plants, modern industrial companies, distribution network companies, manage modern technological equipment and systems.
Electrical and Automation Engineering study programme satisfies the needs of the high technology industry sector of the Western Lithuania region, which requires wider profile specialists who are able to design, manage and operate electrical equipment, electrical networks, technological equipment, automated systems and processes.
Graduates work as electrical and automation equipment installation and service specialists, equipment control operators, designers or energetics. After acquiring experience, graduates will be able to take lead work or set up their own businesses and create jobs.
The objective of Electrical and Automation engineering study programme is to prepare high-qualified competitive electrical engineers who are able to solve complex issues of technological equipment and systems, energetics, automation, modernization, energy efficiency and maintenance.
Study subjects (126 credits): Professional Communication, Professional Foreign Language, Basics of Management, Applied Research Methodology, Economics, Project Management, Physics, Mechanics, Informatics, Mathematics, Engineering and Computer Graphics, Circuit Theory, Electronics, Electrical Engineering Materials and Measurements, Environmental and Human Safety, Electrical Safety, Microprocessors, Automatic Control Theory, Electric Machines and Drives, Installation of Electrical Equipment, Enterprise Electrical Systems, Electrical Power.
1. Knows the general laws and laws of science and mathematics required to understand the fundamentals in the field of electrical and electronic engineering.
2. Understand the normative documents of electrotechnics, materials and elements used in electrical engineering and the theory of circuits, the principles and laws of automatic control, microcontrollers, electrical machines and gears, and technical measurements.
3. Understands the context of adjacent study fields and their solutions.
4. Is able to perform analysis of electronics and electrical engineering problems independently, to analyze engineering tasks, conditions of electrical production and operation of distribution equipment.
5. Is able to analyze the sources of engineering information by designing, modernizing, manufacturing and managing, making motivated decisions, testing and operating electrical and automation equipment.
6. Is able to design electrical networks and automated control systems using analytical methods, evaluating engineering solutions from an economic, social, environmental and human safety point of view.
7. Is able to search for professional information, use and analyze information sources in applied research independently.
8. Performs engineering experiments and processes their results using mathematical methods and computer hardware and presents practical results of these results.
9. Plans and coordinates installation and operation of electrical systems and automation equipment selecting and applying advanced technological and organizational measures.
10. Is able to make creative and responsible engineering decisions both independently and in a team, taking into account their impact on society and the environment, respecting professional ethics and engineering standards, informing the engineering community and the general public.
Lithuanian language and literature
Weighting factor for any subject that does not overlap with the first and second